This is a hash browns and cheese casserole that is easy to prepare, serve and is loved by everyone!
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (2 pound) package hash brown potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups cubed Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 2 cups cornflakes cereal
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl mix together the frozen hash browns, onion, cheddar cheese, sour cream and salt. In a small bowl, stir the chicken and mushroom soups together. Pour the soups over the hash brown mixture and stir together. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Mix the melted margarine and cornflakes together and pour over the top of the casserole.
Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 45 minutes. Bake for an additional 15 minutes if you'd like the casserole more browned.