A stew full of not only chicken and potatoes but carrots, onion, mushrooms, mixed veggies and a smattering of herbs and spices. It is fine to substitute chicken broth for chicken stock, simply adjust the salt content.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 cups cooked, cubed chicken breast meat
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion, sauteed in butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 cups cooked, diced red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
Combine chicken, mushrooms, onion, carrots and stock in a large saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in sage, basil, garlic salt, parsley, mixed vegetables, potatoes and celery and cook until heated through. Stir in flour to thicken sauce, then serve.