This recipe uses "lite" potato chips which makes this version of the Potato Chip Cookie much less oily.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups crushed light potato chips
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream the shortening and the sugar together until light. Stir in the vanilla and the flour then carefully fold in the potato chips.
Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 18 minutes or until just golden brown, do not over bake. Sprinkle warm cookies with confectioners' sugar and remove to wire racks to cool.