The flavors of summer in a hearty winter soup!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
Saute the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and parsley in the butter until soft. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add the stock, milk, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard powder, allspice, celery salt, thyme, seasoning salt, white wine and poultry seasoning. Allow to simmer and thicken, stirring occasionally. Cook until the potatoes are cooked through, about 25 minutes. During the cooking break up the potatoes with the back of a spoon to make large chunks. Serve warm with chopped hard boiled egg sprinkled over.
Potato Salad Tips