This potato cream soup is brightened with vinegar and served topped with cheese and bacon.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 stalk celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 carrot, grated
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 slices crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine potatoes, celery, onion, carrot, chicken broth, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Whisk together milk and flour and stir into pot. Simmer uncovered until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour into 2 bowls and top with Cheddar, Monterey Jack and bacon.