Mashed potatoes with cheddar cheese and green onions, fried in a corn tortilla.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Pour in milk and mash until smooth. Stir in onions and cheese; mix well. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of potato mixture into the center of each tortilla and fold in half; secure with a toothpick.
In a large skillet add enough oil to reach 1 inch in depth and heat over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas until crispy. Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.