Chicken breast stuffed with a sausage-based dressing. Very Good!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
In a skillet over medium heat, break apart the sausage and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
In a bowl, mix sausage with cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg yolk, oregano, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
Place equal amounts of the sausage mixture on each chicken breast. Fold breasts tightly over the filling and secure with toothpicks. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Brush with butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs to coat.
Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear.