Cloves, ginger and allspice make this pie 's pumpkin filling wonderfully fragrant. Along with that, evaporated milk, regular milk, and pumpkin puree are stirred in and cooked up until thick and creamy. The filling is then poured into a pie shell and coate
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 2/3 (3 ounce) package egg custard mix
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan, and stir in the 1/2 cup chopped pecans and brown sugar. Cook until bubbly. Spread over the bottom of cooled pie shell.
Combine custard mix, white sugar, and spices in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk, milk, and pumpkin puree. Cook while stirring until bubbly. Cover, and cool for 10 minutes.
Pour pumpkin custard filling into pie shell, and chill until firm.