This is a very nice, light starter. The raspberry vinegar adds a deliciously unique flavor to the salad, but can be replaced with other vinegar. Prepare recipe close to serving time as it will not keep for long periods of time and the avocado will discolo
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 3 mangos, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound cooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 ounces sliced mushrooms
Prepare the dressing in a medium bowl by whisking together the oil, vinegar, ginger, honey, mustard seed, lemon juice, chives and dill. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Place a mound of shredded lettuce in the center of each plate. Arrange the avocado, mango and prawns around the rim of the plate. Sprinkle mushrooms over all.
Pour enough dressing over all to coat; serve with fresh bread and butter if desired.