This whole wheat and rye bread gains a softer texture with high gluten flour. Both coffee and cocoa deepen the flavor as well as the color. And caraway seeds add a subtle nutty-licorice crunch.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Place ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Whole Wheat cycle, and Start.
After the first rise, remove dough from the machine. Shape, and place into a lightly oiled 9x5 inch loaf pan. Cover, and let rise for 1 hour.
Bake at 350 degrees C (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool before slicing.