A lovely pumpernickel bread bowl is the container for this simple spinach dip. It's perfect for parties, tastes fabulous and is attractive to look at. Dry onion soup mix may be substituted for dry dill dip mix.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry dill dip mix
- 1/2 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) loaf round pumpernickel loaf
In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill dip mix and spinach.
Cut out the center of the pumpernickel loaf, creating a bowl. Cut the removed bread into bite-sized pieces. Fill the hollowed loaf with the sour cream mixture. Serve with the bread pieces.