Combine pumpkin, chopped nuts, miniature marshmallows and butterscotch morsels and you've got chewy, moist and flavorful bars great for lunchboxes or after school snacks.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (11 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. LINE 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with foil.
COMBINE flour, oats, brown sugar, nuts, coconut, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl; mix well. Stir in butter; mix well. Press into prepared jelly-roll pan.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until slightly brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
COMBINE butter, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
STIR in marshmallows, morsels, 1/2 cup nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour over cookie base; sprinkle with remaining nuts. Refrigerate until firm before cutting into bars.