This pumpkin pie is swirled with cream cheese to give it a marbled appearance. It's a fancy but easy way to enjoy an old favorite.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup, divided
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a small bowl, whip the cream cheese. Gradually mix in 1/4 cup light corn syrup and vanilla extract, blending until smooth.
In a medium bowl, mix the pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk, remaining light corn syrup, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt. Beat the mixture until smooth.
Place pie crust on a medium baking sheet and fill with the pumpkin mixture. Drop the cream cheese by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the pumpkin mixture. Using a knife, swirl the mixtures, creating a marbled effect.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.