Add a big scoop of chocolate chips to pumpkin-nut bread, coat with a cinnamon-nutmeg glaze, and watch it vanish before your eyes in no time!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground ginger, and ground cloves.
In a separate bowl cream together the sugar and butter or margarine. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
Alternately add the creamed ingredients and pumpkin to the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Spoon into two greased 9x5 inch loaf pans.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree F(175 degrees C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
To make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine confectioners sugar, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Add milk, and mix until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.