This luscious pie has milk, honey and heavy cream. When nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and pumpkin puree are added to those sweet and rich ingredients, and all together baked in a prepared pastry, the results are golden brown and heavenly.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl. Blend in pumpkin, milk, cream, honey, spices, salt. Pour filling into pie shell. Cover edges of shell with strips of foil.
Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking for 15 more minutes. An inserted knife should come out clean when done. Cool, and serve.