Vanilla ice cream is turned into a luscious concoction with pumpkin puree, brown sugar, orange juice and spices. This pumpkin-ice cream mixture is then piled into a homemade graham cracker crust and frozen until ready to serve.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
To prepare crust, combine crumbs, sugar and margarine in a mixing bowl. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
Chill 1 hour or until firm. Or bake in a 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 10 minutes or until edges are brown. Cool on rack before filling.
To prepare filling, combine ice cream, pumpkin, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange juice, and pour into crust. Freeze until ready to serve.