Wrap pears, pumpkin and chopped nuts sweetened with brown sugar and spices in light and flaky pastry for a simple but elegant dessert.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups peeled, cored and diced pears
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- cinnamon sugar
PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
COMBINE pears, pumpkin, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in medium bowl. Spoon one half of filling in center third of one pastry sheet.
MAKE downward slanting strips in outer sections of pastry (3/4-inch apart) starting about 1 inch away from top of pastry and side of filling, cutting to outside edges. Starting at top, alternately fold left and right side pastry strips over filling forming a braid. Seal at top and bottom of strudel. Place on ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry sheet. Brush strudel with egg; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Serve warm.