Pumpkin pudding made with evaporated milk is baked with a topping made from dry yellow cake mix, margarine and chopped walnuts in this easy-to-prepare alternative to pumpkin pie.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (29 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
Blend together the sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, clove and pie spice. Pour into baking dish.
Spread dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon, margarine and chopped nuts.
Bake for 60 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired.