A pumpkin pie with the added indulgence of toffee bits under the filling.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3/4 cup toffee baking bits
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sprinkle toffee bits into pie shell; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla and salt. Beat in the milk, cream and eggs until filling is smooth and creamy. Pour filling over toffee bits in pie shell. Place on baking sheet in the middle of the oven.
Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 90 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown.