Just a touch of purple from the potatoes adds an appealing color to this potato salad. Toasted fennel seeds and the fresh taste of dill weed bring a unique flavor dimension to the salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 pounds assorted new potatoes (purple, red or white), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas (about 2 cups), cut in half diagonally
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celeriac or celery
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Dill Weed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Fennel Seed, lightly toasted* and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Mustard
Boil potatoes in water 5-6 minutes. Add snap peas; boil 2 additional minutes. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water.
Combine potatoes and peas with olives, onion and celeriac in a large bowl.
Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl; add to vegetables and toss. Chill.
* To toast seeds:
Heat a small skillet over medium heat 2 minutes. Add fennel seeds and toast, shaking pan constantly until seeds darken slightly and are fragrant (about 1 minute). Remove seeds from skillet immediately. Allow to cool.