Tomatoes and garlic are simmered with anchovies, capers, olives and red pepper flakes to make a spunky sauce for your favorite pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, pushed through a sieve
- 4 anchovy filets, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 20 Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces pasta
Heat oil in a skillet over low heat. Add garlic, and saute until golden. Add sieved tomatoes, and cook 5 minutes.
Stir in anchovies, and then tomato paste. Add capers, olives, and red pepper flakes. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Drain. Toss with sauce, and serve.