Ground beef and pork are blended with egg noodles, cheese and some vegetables in a tomatoey sauce. This is a casserole that my mom used to make all the time when I was growing up. Freezes very well!!!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food, cubed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the egg noodles, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, crumble the ground beef and pork into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion to the meat once there are juices in the pan. Cook and stir until onion is tender and meat is no longer pink. Drain grease.
Transfer the meat and onion to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and mix in the egg noodles, cheese, tomato sauce, corn, green pepper and mushrooms.
Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbling hot and lightly browned on the top.