Quesadillas on the grill make for a quick and easy supper on a hot day. Cooked chicken and imitation crab are great substitutes for the shrimp, as well as any vegetables and cheese of your choice. Serve with a tossed salad and Mexican rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup salsa, divided
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup cooked and peeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
Spread 1 tablespoon of salsa on half of each tortilla. Distribute the onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, tomato, cilantro, chives, olives, and shrimp evenly among the tortillas. Sprinkle each with cheese, and fold tortillas in half to cover the filling.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the filled tortillas directly on the grill. Cook about 2 minutes per side, until cheese is melted and the tortilla has grill marks. Serve with remaining salsa and sour cream.