This is an easy ham and cheese quiche that can be made ahead of time. Directions for freezing are included in the recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers, garnish
In medium bowl, toss 4 teaspoons flour with the grated cheese. Sprinkle mixture into the pie shell. On top of cheese, sprinkle 1/2 cup of diced ham.
In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk or cream, and then add salt and mustard powder. Beat until smooth and pour over cheese and ham.
Put piece of plastic wrap large enough to overlap sides over top of quiche, then a piece of foil, and seal well around the edges. (plastic keeps the foil from sticking to the food). Place prepared quiche in freezer.
When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.) Remove foil and plastic wrap. Put foil around edge of crust to protect it.
Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Garnish with parsley and pimiento if desired