This is a very easy quiche. I serve it for breakfast when I have guests with muffins and fresh fruit.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 thick slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 3/4 ounces French-fried dried onions
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Bake thawed pastry shell at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, bacon, cheese, French-fried onions, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and ground black pepper. Mix all together well and pour into the cooled pie shell.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 45 minutes, or until quiche is set.