This ones pretty straight forward. Brown rice, black beans, stewed tomatoes, a bit of onion and oil, and in about fifteen minutes you have a hearty, delicious meal. Serves four.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, cook and stir until tender. Add beans, tomatoes, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; stir in rice. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes before serving.