Breaded chicken, browned, and cooked in chicken broth. Covered with Provolone cheese and canned asparagus.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can asparagus, drained
- 4 slices provolone cheese
Heat oil in a large 2-inch deep skillet. Dip chicken in egg beat, then coat in bread crumbs. Brown in skillet on both sides.
When chicken is browned, add broth and place asparagus evenly over chicken. Lay a slice of cheese over each chicken piece.
Cover skillet and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.