This quick ground beef and bean chili features green chiles and Cajun seasoning.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
In a large pot, cook beef over medium heat until brown. Stir in onion and cook until onion is translucent. Stir in tomato sauce, water, ranch-style beans, kidney beans, chiles, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.