For an easy to prepare meal that is extremely flavorful, try Quick Shrimp Curry featuring the McCormick Gourmet Collection® Red Curry Powder.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, divided
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Salt
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound medium-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Red Curry Powder
Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add celery, red pepper and onion salt; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
Combine chicken broth, chutney and cornstarch in small bowl.
Heat 1 remaining tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in same skillet. Add shrimp and sprinkle with red curry powder; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Add cornstarch mixture and vegetables; cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with cooked rice, if desired.