Cream of tomato soup is added to sauteed red peppers and onion in chicken broth with olives, chilies and stewed tomatoes. Serve over crushed tortilla chips with a dollop of sour cream and grated cheddar.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
In a large stock pot, cook and stir red bell pepper strips and onion slices in a little oil until soft but not brown.
Stir in chicken stock and about 1/2 can condensed cream of tomato soup, stewed tomatoes with chilies, olives, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and hot pepper sauce if desired. Heat through. Ladle hot soup into bowls over broken tortilla chips. Serve with shredded cheese and dollops of sour cream.