This is a fast, low cal recipe that uses things in your pantry and refrigerator.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute bell pepper, celery and onion until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add turkey, and continue to saute until turkey loses its outer pink color. Stir in tomatoes, and cover. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until turkey is cooked through (no longer pink inside). Serve over hot cooked rice.