Strips of chicken breast are simmered in chicken broth with green chiles, hominy and black olives in this quick soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into cubes
In a large pot over medium heat, combine oil, onion, garlic, oregano and cumin. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, until onions are tender.
Stir in broth, hominy, chile peppers and olives. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Stir chicken into pot. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes.