Fried falafel rounds are tossed with fresh vegetables and a cool, zesty dressing blend in this fantastic summer salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 ounces dry falafel mix
- 1/2 cup olive oil for frying
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat Ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
Prepare the falafel mix according to package directions. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Shape the prepared falafel mix into 1/2-inch rounds. Place in the skillet in batches, and fry until evenly browned. Drain on paper towels.
In a large bowl, mix the falafel, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and carrots. In a separate bowl, mix the Ranch dressing, garlic powder, and cumin. Toss with the salad to coat. Serve over lettuce.