This creative combination of ingredients just may prove to be your new favorite dessert! Egg roll wrappers are filled with a peach pie mixture, deep fried, and served over ice cream with a rich sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 quart canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
In a large bowl, mix the peach pie filling, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
Spread one side of each egg roll wrapper with about 1 tablespoon cream cheese. Top cream cheese with 1 tablespoon of the pie filling mixture. Fold the wrappers over the mixture. Moisten the ends with a small amount of water, and seal.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drop the egg rolls a few at a time into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
In a bowl, mix the raspberry jam, honey, and remaining water. Add more water as necessary to obtain a syrup like texture. Serve the warm egg rolls over ice cream, top with the raspberry jam mixture, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.