This is a twist on a classic recipe using shrimp instead of beef or chicken. I use regular old taco seasoning to make it easier, but any seasoning combination for fajitas will work. Serve with refried beans and Spanish rice to make an easy meal!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (1 small) chopped onion
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red and green bell peppers, and onion. Cook, stirring frequently until peppers are hot, but still slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
Pour the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil into the skillet, and add the shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and opaque. Reduce heat to low, and return the peppers and onion to the skillet. Stir in taco seasoning and water so that everything is evenly coated. Simmer until peppers are heated. Serve in warm tortillas.