A very quick and easy curry to serve up with rice and a salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In a large saucepan over medium-high, heat oil and saute onion, and garlic until golden. Stir in curry powder and tomato paste, cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, vegetable bouillon cube, mixed vegetables, water, salt and pepper to taste. Cook approximately 30 minutes until vegetables are well done (not crunchy). Sprinkle with fresh cilantro prior to serving.