Packed with beef and spice, this chili is sure to please. Also works with ground turkey, or the meat may be omitted.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 habanero pepper (optional)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons masa harina flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white sugar (optional)
Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
In a large pot, mix the beans, corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. In a food processor, finely chop the jalapenos, habanero, onion, and garlic. Mix into the pot. Mix in the cooked beef. Stir in masa flour. Season with cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Cook 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.