Vegetarian curry recipe made with chickpeas and Quorn®, and seasoned with a homemade curry seasonings mixture.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package Quorn™ Chicken-Style Recipe Tenders
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook Quorn in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
Using the same pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, cumin seed, and mustard seed in oil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
Season with ground turmeric, cumin, and coriander, chili powder, and salt. Mix in tomato puree, then stir in Quorn, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in garam masala.