This is an alternative to the regular meatloaf. It's a pretty popular request at home. Ground beef can be substituted; it's just as yummy.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2/3 cup ready-to-serve creamy tomato soup, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- chili powder to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a bowl, mix the turkey, eggs, mushrooms, bread crumbs, soup mix, 1/3 cup creamy tomato soup, 2 tablespoons ketchup, 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce, and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Mold the mixture into a loaf shape, and place in a baking dish. Sprinkle with chili powder.
In a separate bowl, mix the remaining creamy tomato soup, remaining ketchup, remaining barbeque sauce, and remaining Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
Bake loaf 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with the sauce, and continue baking 15 minutes, to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).