Use colorful corkscrew pasta to make a festive cold salad packed full of fresh tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, cucumbers, broccoli and mushrooms. Toss with your favorite Italian-style salad dressing and chill to let the flavors blossom before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package colored rotini pasta
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
Bring 4 quarts of water to a rapid boil (2 teaspoons of salt can be added, optional). Add rotini. Return water to rapid boil and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse in cold water.
Combine cooked pasta with tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cucumber, broccoli, mushrooms, olives and Italian salad dressing. Cover and chill. Toss salad before serving.