A delightfully refreshing summer dessert featuring orange, raspberry and lime sherbet layered with angel food cake.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1 pint lime sherbet, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Slice angel food cake crosswise to make four layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate, and spread orange sherbet evenly on top. Repeat with remaining cake layers and raspberry and lime sherbets. Finish with final layer of cake. Frost sides and top with whipped topping, and place in freezer for 1 hour, or until firm.
Get out your ice cream maker and we'll let you in on some of the secrets of sweet success with homemade ice cream.