This sweet blend of spiced apple, cranberry, apricots and raisins is an old family favorite. We make it during the holidays.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 large apple - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a medium saucepan, place apple, cranberry sauce, dried apricots, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 3 hours. Serve cold.