Cooked ramen noodles and fresh spinach are tossed with morsels of chicken, juicy grapes, crunchy red peppers, cashews and pungent Gorgonzola cheese, then coated with a zesty blend of lemon, mayonnaise, garlic and the ramen flavor packets.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 8 cups torn spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup sliced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 20 grape clusters, for garnish
Cook ramen noodles according to package directions, without adding the flavor packets. Drain noodles and cool. Cut noodles into large bite size pieces.
In a large bowl combine the torn spinach leaves, cooked turkey or chicken, halved grapes, red pepper, cashews, Gorgonzola or blue cheese, and ramen noodles.
In a small bowl mix flavor packets, garlic, and lemon juice and let stand at least 15 minutes. Add oil and mayonnaise and whisk until smooth.
Pour dressing over salad and toss until thoroughly mixed. Garnish with red pepper rings and small grape clusters, if desired. Serve.