- An easy to make bar cookie that is filled with flavor rich raspberry spreadable fruit. This buttery treat has 34% fewer calories than the traditional recipe thanks to EQUAL®. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 1 week - if
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted stick butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (10 ounce) jar seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
Combine flour, Equal® and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in egg, water and lemon peel. Mixture will be crumbly.
Press mixture evenly onto bottom of well-sprayed 11 x 7-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven 12 to 15 minutes or until edges of crust are lightly browned.
Remove pan from oven and spread raspberry fruit over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven, and bake an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until raspberry fruit is bubbly. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.
* May substitute 12 packets Equal® sweetener