Perfect for any occasion, enjoy these melt-in-your-mouth muffins topped with a crunchy streusel and lemony glaze.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kretschmer® wheat germ, any flavor
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Kretschmer® wheat germ, any flavor
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; set aside.
For muffins, combine flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl; mix well. In medium bowl, combine sour cream, milk and egg; blend well. Add all at once to dry ingredients; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Gently fold in raspberries. Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with topping, patting gently.
Bake 23 to 26 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center without touching a berry comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.
For glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in small bowl; mix until smooth. Drizzle over muffins. Serve warm.
Kretschmer wheat germ can be substituted for up to 1/2 cup of flour called for in any recipes for cookies, muffins, coffeecakes, biscuits and quick breads.