Lots of variety and crunch in this tasty salad. Spanish peanuts, crumbled bacon, and dried cranberries mingle with fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and celery. The whole shebang is tossed with a mayonnaise, vinegar and oil dressing with a hint of sugar and g
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup sweetened-dried cranberries
- 1 cup raw Spanish peanuts
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, peas and cranberries.
Wisk together the sugar, salt, vinegar, grated onion, cheese and mayonnaise. Pour dressing over the salad; add nuts and bacon and toss well.