This great tasting antipasto is easy to make because all the ingredients go into one pot. A variety of vegetable flavors combine to make this freezer stored treat a great holiday gift I keep it on hand all year; it's great for impromptu entertaining!
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 cup marinated cocktail onions, cut in half
- 20 ounces canned mushrooms, drained and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup stuffed green olives, minced
- 1 cup black olives, minced
- 1 cup dill pickles, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
In a large saucepan over medium high heat, mix the pearl onions, canned mushrooms, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green olives, black olives, dill pickles, green beans, tuna, ketchup, vinegar and olive oil. While stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Allow to cool completely before transferring to sterile freezer containers, leaving 1 inch of space in the containers. Store in the freezer.