I used the Nice Spice Cookie recipe minus the lemon zest and I added almost 1/2 cup of Dark Brown Sugar which gave the cookies a very different flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, light brown sugar and dark brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; stir into the creamed mixture to form a stiff dough. Knead lightly in the bowl for a few turns. Shape dough into 25 small balls. Place balls 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden.