Spicy bacon wrapped shrimp. Great served as a hors d'oeuvre or as a kabob over rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled and deveined
Cut bacon strips into thirds. In a large saucepan fry bacon 5 minutes, they should remain somewhat limp (bacon is not yet fully cooked).
Combine onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika in a medium sized bowl. (To regulate the spiciness of this dish use the white pepper and cayenne pepper to taste). Coat shrimp with the spices.
Wrap bacon around shrimp, secure with toothpicks.
Fry shrimp in saucepan over medium heat until bacon is crisp and shrimp are pink. Serve hot.