Shredded red cabbage is marinated overnight in a vinaigrette and tossed with crumbled bacon, cauliflower florets and a can of French fried onions before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine cabbage and dressing. Toss and refrigerate overnight.
Before serving, toss together chilled cabbage and dressing with cauliflower, French fried onions, bacon and pepper.